As exciting as buying a new gadget may be, transferring your data and making it functional without compromising your privacy may be overwhelming for some. Transferring data usually involves checking your most recent backup on iCloud; but wiping the device clean before handing it over needs a little bit of attention. Not to worry, it’s quite easy, as long as you follow these simple steps.
- Back up your device
Typically, the data on your iPad will be stored on iCloud. All you need to do is go through the latest additions in data like photos, applications, documents and settings to ensure that they have been backed up. If you notice something missing, connect to a network and back it up. If your old device does not have the latest version of the iPad OS, run an update before making the final backup. Here’s how you backup your data:
- Go to Settings and tap on Apple ID
- Select iCloud and tap on the iCloud Backup option
- Turn it on and choose Back Up Now
- Sign out
You must sign out of all accounts including iCloud, iTunes and the App Store. This is essential if you wish to ensure that no one has access to your data. You will have to sign out of each of them individually:
- Go to Settings and tap on your name
- Scroll and tap on Sign Out
- Enter your Apple ID password
- Tap on Turn Off
- Erase it
Once your data is backed up and you’ve safely signed out of all accounts, it’s time to wipe the device clean. Remember, erasing the tablet will restore it to factory settings. Also, you must delete your fingerprint scans from the Touch ID.
If you have a Passcode:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Touch ID and Passcode
- Enter Passcode and tap on Turn Passcode Off
- Confirm your action by tapping Turn Off again
Now go ahead and erase the iPad:
- Go to Settings>General>Reset Path
- Tap on Erase All Content and Settings and then select Erase
- Confirm your action by tapping on Erase a second time
What if your old iPad – or even a used smartphone, laptop or smartwatch – could help pay for your new iPad?
Here is how
- Log on to NorthLadder
- Enter your device specs
- Receive a price quote for your used device in minutes
- Like what you hear? Select our home pick up option and receive instant cash at your home!
Use the cash to buy a new iPad. Sounds interesting? Let us tell you more about how we work. NorthLadder is a unique service where you can sell your laptop, phone, smartwatch and tablet online and get instant cash in a safe, dignified and hassle-free manner. There is a significant difference between the average dealer price and maximum price you get if you sell your electronics online with NorthLadder. How do we manage to give you a good deal? The devil is in the details – NorthLadder has set up a platform of dealers who participate in an auction for your device. What you get is the highest bid or the best price for your used electronics from this auction. There are no hidden costs and no surprises. NorthLadder also offers a home pick up service to give you the option of carrying out the deal from the convenience of your home. To understand how exactly we work, visit our website, or get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org .